What is it?
A benefit corporation is a for-profit corporate entity that aims to positively impacts society, workers, the community, and the environment.
By common benefit, we intend to operate responsibly and in a sustainable, transparent way towards people, communities, territories, the environment, and other stakeholders (e.g., workers, investors, creditors, public administration, and society).
The Benefit Company identifies the positive and negative effects of its activity on the socio-environmental context. It seizes the opportunities that can create social and economic benefits simultaneously.
Why we chose it:
Because this is what we have always done since our foundation, we committed ourselves not only on a moral level but also on a juridical level. In Mamazen, we believe that a different way of doing business is possible. For this reason, we have decided to become a Benefit Company. Our mission goes far beyond profit; it embraces a broader vision distinctive of a Benefit Company.
Our goals for 2021:
- Priorities & Identify the Relevant SDGs goals;
- Align with Sustainable Development Goals, Targets, and Indicators;
- Code of ethics available online on the company website;
- Anonymize job applications, not providing the recruiter any information about characteristics that could indicate an applicant’s minority group;
- Formalized awards and recognition system for employees;
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs) to 75% of employees;
- Provide employees a meal allowance
- A cost-of-living adjustment to counteract inflation;
- Written non-discrimination policy addressing gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, nationality and/or immigration status;
- Written policy easily accessible that includes: anti-discrimination statement, an anti-abuse policy with reporting; mechanisms, disciplinary processes and procedures, policy on payment and performance, policy on benefits, training, leave, disciplinary procedures and possible sanctions, prohibition of child labor and forced labor;
- Supplemental private health insurance;
- Paternity leave;
- Professional training for more than 75% of the members of the team;
- Disclose financial information monthly and training program to understand the disclosed information;
- Training employees on social and environmental aspects relevant to the company or its mission;
- Reach net-zero carbon emissions;
- A written policy promotes environmentally friendly products and practices in remote workers’ virtual offices;
- Reporting to the boarf KPIs on the company’s social or environmental impact;